To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

zone issue

i need to replace a zone valve with a circulation pump. Does anyone know how I would go about wiring the pump to the t/stat?



  • Paul48Paul48 Member Posts: 3,645

    Via a switching relay.
  • billtwocasebilltwocase Member Posts: 2,233

    You need a separate relay, flow check, and knowledge of piping. Why do you need to replace a zone valve with a circ?
  • icesailoricesailor Member Posts: 7,265

    Ditto (To the question of Billtwocase).
  • unclejohnunclejohn Member Posts: 858

    Get a RIB [relay in a box] break the 110v to the circ. through the normaly open contacts and wire the t'stat the 24v coil. Done
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!