Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin Tech Support question

bobbyg_2
bobbyg_2 Member Posts: 139
thanks for the response. Again, I know you are busy and I appreciate your help.

Keep on Munching with the Munchkins!

Some of my customers call me the Munchkin man!

Thanks again.

Comments

• bobbyg_2
    HTP tech support question

I called yesterday and left a message with tech support) about a homeowner having a natural gas well. His gas has a high sulfur content.

My questions are this.

1. How will this "high sulfur content" natural gas affect the burner/boiler.

2. What is the burner "sock" made of? Is it alcro-mesh (I assume that is aluminum-chromium?)

I am still waiting for a return call/response.

Keep up the good work!
    Munchkins rock!

PS: attached is a job one of my contractors installed two years ago.
  • Chuck Shaw_2
    Chuck Shaw_2 Member Posts: 68
    I will give you a qualified answer

The person that I would most like to ask the question, is not available until Monday. My first thought, is that you would most likely have to clean the heat exchanger on a very regular basis.

I am not sure of the exact make up of the burner material, again, I will not be able to ask until Monday.

Hope this helps,

Chuck Shaw
    Technical Support Dept
    Heat Transfer Products
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    What a classic picture

posted below. Pizza and Donuts holes. The cord from the computer is obviously headed to an ear phone while Chuck listens to his favorite Jefferson Starship CD. Notice the water temp is 77 degrees. Must be a radiant floor. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • bobbyg_2

Waco Wayne you've got it all wrong. He's pondering if he could by with grabbing that last Munchkin in the box. We are all sitting there looking ahead and he is going to try to sneak a couple more of those munchkins in.

But you may just be right about the Jefferson Starship though.

All kidding aside, HTP (including Chuck) has been a great company to work with. But I will especially have to give Howard Endres (Hot Water Products Inc.-Wisconsin) credit for teaching me and helping me get started selling these great boilers.

attached is another great job a customer installed.
  • Bmac42
    Bmac42 Member Posts: 1
    Munchkin programming help

I have a Munchkin Boiler and would like to increase the temperature of the radiant heat water being circulated through the floors.

Thanks

Bmac
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Burner

The burners used by most condensing boilers are made of S/S and/or covered by a laced fabric to reduce NOx. The flame burns a bit of the surface of the burner. I have actualy surprised some folks by touching a 1.5million BTU burner after gas shut-off in a lab. It was room temperature!

BTW, the Elite, Elite plus are the least troublesome installs of any mod/con that we install!

Henry
This discussion has been closed.