Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baxi ht 380

Hi I am new here but have come often to learn. Having an issue maintaining a flame on baxi ht for dhw. With a tap open the unit struggles to reach 40c and the flame light flickers. Raised the output temp on a qaa73 remote but still same result. Am in hurricane sandy area trying to get people heat and need help thanks

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Flickering Flame:

Did you check the gas pressure going to the valve, before and during the fire? And after? How much pressure drop?

Nat. Gas or LP?
  • Marleykid
    Marleykid Member Posts: 5
    baxi dhw issue

natural gas. have not checked pressure, would that be done with a combustion analyzer? i know the gas is the issue, as the unit fires and goes off constantly on a dhw call. although for about an hour yesterday it did fire and maintain fine, then back to the same issue. i appreciate your time and knowledge in helping me.
  • Baxi

We have problems with the Baxi 310 Fi combi's on a call for DHW.  There would be little or no flame and the diaphragm in the differential pressure assembly had a hole in it.

I don't know if the the ht 380 still uses a differential pressure assembly.  Check with their rep.: at Marathon - (800)461-4657
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
This discussion has been closed.