Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pump curve testing ?

Paul_34
Paul_34 Member Posts: 31
  I'm testing the pump curve on a grundfos ups 50-80/4 hooked up to 2.5" copper monoflow tee primary loop and my inlet gauge reading was 14psi and 22 psi at outlet of pump with all the zones calling for heat and with one zone calling for heat it was at 14 psi at inlet and 23 psi at outlet. The boiler has 14 psi in boiler. To get the head of feet number do i use 22 psi or 22psi - 14psi= 8psi to use.       1 psi=.43 head feet.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited August 2012

Ft of head per Psi....8 x 2.31 = 18.5ft of head....If that's the 115v version your moving about 10gpm on speed 2...Which a UPS26-99 can do at much lesser of a price...
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Paul_34
    #

its on speed 3 with those psi numbers. when i used speed 1 it went down to 19 psi.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited August 2012
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    edited August 2012
    Pumpin Math...

It is the differential across the pump in PSI multiplied times 2.307 = the feet of head being produced under THAT condition...

ME

EDIT: Chris beat me to it. I should have checked before I answered.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Paul_34
    #

What pump would be a good match in a 2400 series taco.
This discussion has been closed.