Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Russ Rose

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
Thought I'd share my Supply House Times column with you. No one ever did it better than this man.

<a href="http://www.heatinghelp.com/article/191/Supply-House-Times-articles/2418/Russ-May-2012">http://www.heatinghelp.com/article/191/Supply-House-Times-articles/2418/Russ-May-2012</a>
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Russ

That's a nice story.  I'd like to think everyone knows a person like Russ.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    A Very Rare Guy

Russ is old-school sales...highly competent, giving and caring. He used to call reps, "Reptiles". I'd agree generally, but he wasn't one. It may be just "business", but for a company to let him go, that will certainly cost them business.

I hope he lands with a very progressive company that can appreciate how unique he is. Russ builds relationships, and tends them carefully. Not so common anymore.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,120
    You could, and someone should

write a book about adventures with Russ, a "factory puke" as he liked to call himself. Every trade show was a party. There were more coolers than product behind the drapes.

One of my favorites was a breakfast outing in Vegas. Russ had a knack for the unusual dining places, never one to eat at a "chain" joint. We ended up eating in some funky old dinner with all sorts of old weather beaten local sportsmen hanging out talking fishing and hunting, just blocks from the glitter of the strip.

Then a trip through the YESCO Young Electric Sign Company lot, where they "boneyard" all the old neon signs from around the area. We crossed a union picket line to get into the yard that day, probably bribed the picketers into taking us on a tour as I remember Russ's charm.

Long may you run, Dude.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Russ Rose

Great story, Dan.

Russ is one of a kind.  Here are a few of my Russ stories:

1.  After a long day at a trade show and an evening manufacturer reception, Russ took a group of us to a Cuban restaurant in the Virginia Highlands section of Atlanta.  I have no idea how he found this place or how he knew it would still be open at 11pm. 

2.  Spending a week with Russ and the Watts crew on a ski trip to Aspen.

3.  Enjoying the micro brews and fine sprits Russ always stocked behind the curtain at the varous trade shows. 

If he wants to, Russ will have no problem latching on with another company.  They would be getting the best! 

- DF
This discussion has been closed.