Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube heat exchanger

I hear that Triangle Tube is going to be changing their heat exchanger in the Prestige series this fall. Supposedly, they have a new and inproved one made with stainless and polypropylene. Has anyone else heard this and if so what do you think?

Comments

• EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    Heard

I heard the same thing at a Rehau training, we were all B.S.n' at dinner and it got brought up. But that is about it. I haven't had any problems with the current model, knock on wood! But the topic came up, about cleaning the current model. Which they claim that it washes itself, some at my table disagreed. Not sure myself. I guess will see.
  • VictoriaEnergy
    VictoriaEnergy Member Posts: 126
    I'm a bit skeptical

One of the big manufacturers of forced air furnaces has had issues with poly laminated seccondary heat exchangers failing. 

Laminating doesn't nessairly help stainless.  If condensate penetrates the laminate, it sets up a condition favorable to crevice crack corrosion (see [u][color=#800080]http://www.corrosion-club.com/crevice.htm[/color][/u] )
    Home Owners Please Note:

You are receiving advice from some very skilled pros completely free of charge. One of the reasons I participate is to sharpen my own troubleshooting skills. So; did we get it right? I would be grateful if you extend this courtesy back by posting the final outcome of the issue you are inquiring about. Thanks
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Re: TT boiler and new design

The new boiler is supposedly going to be basically same design, not poly coated but with a Poly condensate base. New computer but most will be the same I hear from factory. Tim
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Are They Just

Bringing over the attached which was released last yr across the pond..
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited April 2011
    New Vendor

They found a new vendor to make the HX. The now not current vendor had some issues with being able to provide them with what they wanted as well as some quality control concerns. Design is staying the same except for using all 439 stainless and beefier.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.