Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can I convert a Taco 007 to a Taco 007-IFC?

Jean-David Beyer
Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
My system has three Taco 007-IFC circulators and one Taco 007. When my old heating system was replaced, I rescued a nearly new Taco 007. Now the odds are that an IFC model will be the one that quits. So can I just get a new plastic gizmo with a spring (the IFC part) and stick it into the existing 007?  Or is it machined differently?

Comments

• JD

It depends :-).

I ran into that very same circumstance, the two I had were black in color and had the date-code 6 06,,, &12 06,,, stamped on the wiring box.

In my case the "new plastic gizmo with a spring" would NOT fit.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    There

There is a groove milled into pump outlet to accept the check valve. All the newer 007 have it
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Hi JD

It will probably be a long time before you need to think about replacing your Taco circulator.  But if you do, you can use the guts from the old one by removing the 4 screws that hold the can to the volute and just popping it out and changing it. 

Enjoy.

Larry
  • Jean-David Beyer
    One of mine is black.

The black one is the boiler circulator that was supplied by the boiler manufacturer (W-M).

All the rest are Taco Green. The green ones have the IFC in the outlet part of the circulator, so I could certainly pop one in if it will fit without disassembly. I might have to disassemble the old one to be able to push it out.

Some Taco circulators seem to have (or to have had) the IFC on the way into the volute, so disassembly there would be required. But mine are not like that.
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Thank you.

Thank you.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704
    Taco 007 Pumps

Yes, the 006-027RP replacement valve assembly will fit the 007-F5-IFC, and the 007-F5-1IFC pumps, and it should fit the non IFC version of the 007 pumps. The current pumps all have machined cavities to accept the IFC. Taco started machined all the bodies to minimize inventory. However, the latest 007 pumps has a slightly larger valve model 0010-025RP. Because you do not have a model number synonymous with an IFC pump I can not give you an exact model number.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Because you do not have a model number synonymous with an IFC pump

The green pump, from my old boiler, says 007-F5 on it. The casting says 194-2726C.

The black pump, supplied by Weil-McLain with their Ultra-3 boiler says 007-F5 on it, too.

Does W-M ask that the pumps they use be painted black? Or is there some difference inside that you are calling attention to by the color change?

One of the green IFC pumps says 007-F5-7IFC. I would need a flashlight and mirror to read their casting numbers, if they are needed.

All this is hypothetical right now as I have never had a Taco circulator fail on me. But I have not used them very long.

I assume I cannot trade in a used 007 on an 005-IFC. Just kidding; I am sure I cannot.
  • Rich Davis_2
    Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
    Circ. color

When I toured the Taco plant in June, they said the only difference is the color some customers that have circs supplied with their equip want another color than green.  At the time the line was painting black 007's.
  • NYplumber
    NYplumber Member Posts: 503
    FC's

Where can I purchase the check valves online to stock a couple?
    :NYplumber:
This discussion has been closed.