Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Attention Viessmann Users

Options
CMadatMe
CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
Attached you will find a waiver issued by the Dept of Energy. Please note item 4 of the document. This is your go ahead to quote Viessmann on any job that gets its funds from the Recovery Act. Pretty interesting.  Seems that they cannot find an equiv American made boiler. We can thank the City of Springfield Mass as they only install Viessmann and are the party that went after the waiver.
"The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."

Comments

• Glen Aspen_2
    Glen Aspen_2 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    most interesting post and pdf

and paragraph four is specific re the use of 316/Ti alloy. And now that I am out of the selling/commissioning gig I smile whenever I see an "exclusion" to this or that; and I am especially amused when one of my favourite boilers (but not exclusively) is singled out as being the best. So I must be quick to point out that right here in North America a boiler meeting and exceeding the stipulation cited in paragraph 4 is enjoying celebrity status as well. Curious??? Google IBCboiler, made in Canada, meets or exceeds the lofty ideals cited in paragraph 4 and is my top pick to challenge the silver and orange brand from Europe. Made in Canada - that qualifies for a domestic made in North American product doesn't it?
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Interesting boiler design....

Almost sounds like the best of all worlds. A self flushing heat exchanger made of the best SS for the application.

The only limiting factor I can see is its size. I guess they are currently going after a specific (residential) market. Sure , they can be paralleled and bussed, at an additional expense...

Is this where Iman Yousef landed?

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • CMadatMe
    Options
    IBC

Would not be an equiv. It's AFUE's are only listed in the 92% and I don;t believe the heat exchanger is  SA240 316Ti  its just 316Ti. Nice little boiler though.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Glen Aspen_2
    Glen Aspen_2 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Last I heard -

Iman landed at DeDietrich. But re the SA 240 nomenclature - is this not just the material designation from either ANSI or ASME for 316/Ti?

I have used the IBC in numerous radiant applications - it is 97% at these reduced temperatures, sips fuel while heating and ramps up to make enough hot water for three teenage daughters. It works exactly as promised and delivered.
  • CMadatMe
    Options
    AFUE

I noticed that when reading the lit. But its listed AFUE in their install manual states 92%. What does the little yellow (fool me) label say on the side of the boiler? I've never had a chance to see one in person.
  • HDE_2
    HDE_2 Member Posts: 140
    Options
    ?

This is no big deal, they just make this up as they go along.

Heres another one:

http://www.regioneight.org/documents/EEREBANonavailabilityWaiverMay242010-1.pdf

Since so many foreign manufactures are under the World trade Organization Procurement Agreement, (WTO GPA) which is part of the ARRA 2009, almost all products would comply except from a few countries.
This discussion has been closed.