Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Solo 399 Boilers

John_229
John_229 Member Posts: 1
I am a building owner thinking of putting a Triangle Tube 399,000 BTUH boiler into a commercial building with floor heating. Does anyone have any experience with this product and is it a good choice. Any input is invited.
-John.

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Best high efficiency condensing boiler I have seen. We

have been installing 399s for about 18 mos now. I think we have about 12 of them in and running for up to about 16 mos now. No problems to date. Great savings in these buildings over the old equipment also. Perfect fit for floor heat bldg also. Good luck, Tim
  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    I've been using

the Burnham Alpine 399's on a few large products I've had come up lately and I'm very happy with them, the one thing I really like is you can concentric vent them. I personally hate the look of PVC venting on the outside, it looks cheezy.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    nice job

very nice looking job John gotta love that hydro seperator awesomely neat and straight forward ,peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • tim smith
    Nice looking job John

• How did you attach those heavy buggers to the brick wall?

did you through bolt them or just lots of anchors?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    The Steam Whisperer (Formerly Boilerpro)

Chicago's Steam Heating Expert

Noisy Radiators are a Cry for Help
  • MW_2
    MW_2 Member Posts: 25
    Triangle Tubes

No problems with these five 399's heating a "house" in Montana. The job is not yet complete.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

We mounted them on factory brackets, which we anchored to the brick with double expansion shields.

I really like this job if I do say so myself.

What happened to the original poster?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Rob Blair
    Rob Blair Member Posts: 227

Who does your insulation?

Rob
  • tim smith
    Matt, did you do all the mains in victaulic or just the boiler

room, and I must also ask, why??? Tim
  • MW_2

We did all of the mains and the majority of the boiler room in Victaulic as an experiment in saving money. We feel that Vic is superior to threaded black pipe given the fact that glycol and threaded connections don't get along.
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    vic

I've often thought about that myself it's gotta be faster to do. 5 ,399's dare i ask how big this is ? lemme guess a couple 1.4 kids and 2 black labs need what 25,000 sqft?
  • tim smith
    2,000,000 btus, that is sickkkkk. I bet they are even going

to apply for the federal tax credit for installing high efficiency boilers. I think they ought to tax for high energy use single family homes. I mean if it is a house of say 4, then we allow for energy use of xx amount per person, ignore the size of house and then for every $ over the allowed it is a 50% tax on that amount. All energy useage is reported like on a W2 and it can easily be tracked. I do a lot of large home work and it sometimes makes me ill as to the waste that takes place.
  • MW_2

The living space is around 19,000 sqare feet. There is also a bunch of snowmelt, 240 gallons of domestic, and a pool heat exchanger.
This discussion has been closed.