Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat Clicking Noise

Bill W@Honeywell
Bill W@Honeywell Member Posts: 164
but the click is caused by a relay in the thermostat closing. This is what "tells" your system to start. The mechanical relay we use actually costs us more that a silent electronic switch, but it is far more reliable. If you want total silence, up grade to the VisionPro IAQ; it's relay is on the control unit that goes in your mechanical space.

However, if the stat is clicking more than once for on, and once for off, something is wrong in your system.

Comments

• hydronx_3
    hydronx_3 Member Posts: 35
    Thermostat Clicking Noise

Has anyone else had customers complain about the little clicking noise when the thermostats turn on? I have been using the Honeywell 5000 and 6000's and do admit they make a little click when they turn on and off. My customers say it wakes them up at night. Is my only option to go back to a mercury type stat or are there other brands or honeywell models that work better?
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    No clickers

Some of the Totaline (Bryant & Carrier) models are electronically switched and silent. From Honeywell, the Vision Pro IAQ has the relays in the equipment module in the equipment room so the wall unit is silent.
  • Michelle_6
    Michelle_6 Member Posts: 1
    Honeywell Clicking Noise

I had four Honeywell 5/2 stats installed last December. The noise drives me crazy. If you figure out a way to silence these babies, please post it. The manual didn't tell me a thing.
  • Vinnie Smedick_2
    Vinnie Smedick_2 Member Posts: 17

Try wearing an MP3 player if it gets bad. Mine clicks and just like certain people I can block it out

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.