Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

MA location for sandblast/paint hot water cast iron rad?

Tim Smith_9
Tim Smith_9 Member Posts: 7
You might have already tried this, but if you go to Google maps and enter a type of business and a zip code, you will get local results. For example, you can just enter "Powdercoating 01234".

Comments

• LAK
    LAK Member Posts: 4
    Seeking MA location for sandblast/paint hot water cast iron rad

Hi,

Any north of Boston, MA locations that anyone can point me to for this type of service?

I have a hot water cast iron (ornate) radiator that I'd like to get sandblasted/primed and powdercoat or painted. The system has to be drained to fix a leak, so it'll possible to have the radiator taken to a place that can perform the sandblast/paint work.

Thanks in advance!
    Lee
  • kpc_75
    kpc_75 Member Posts: 37
    call an..

local auto body place. Also you could try a pressure washer w/ a fine tip.
  • LAK
    Will an auto body place think I'm nuts?

Thanks kpc.

If I telephone a local auto body place and tell them I want them to sandblast and paint a home radiator, will they think I'm nuts?

OK, so I'm a little afraid of looking like a nut. :-) But I'm willing to look like one to have it done cleanly.
  • Chowdahead
    Chowdahead Member Posts: 59
    Sand blasting

we send are radiattor to a sandblasting comapany in Oxford Ma. Once completed we go down to Webster for the finish
    If you need names and address email me
  • Phil_17
    Phil_17 Member Posts: 178
    refinishing

I've had great results with Central Mass Powder Coating in Clinton (okay it's more west than north of Boston). They should be able to handle most any job of this nature.
  • Dan Goodridge
    Dan Goodridge Member Posts: 62
    preprite

Try Preprite in Tewksbury

495 Woburn St

Tewksbury, MA 01876-3434 978)453-0006

http://www.preprite.com/
  • George J.
    George J. Member Posts: 25

Radical radiators in Everett. Talk to Joel. 617-733-7163. He does that.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • LAK

Ya know, Radical Radiators was the first place I tried, because I had saved a clipping from the Boston Globe about them. I left a phone message and sent email, but didn't get a response back.
  • LAK

Nelson, that is a very nifty trick about Google maps and the business/zip code. It works pretty well--I'm going to remember that.
This discussion has been closed.