Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

funniest thing ever said on the Wall

"Tickles" and "Airhead"!

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

It's been at least a year back, but someone posted that as they watched a movie in the theater, he could not get over trying to figure out how the rads were piped and if they were steam or hot water. I have laughed about it every week at least since. Also posted was that nothing good ever happens in a boiler room, and steam would not shoot out of a hole in a pipe like in the movies if it was set correctly to less than 1lb. I do not remember who said these things, but they always make me smile. Any favorite posts / comments?

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Big Will
    Big Will Member Posts: 396
    The thrillers

with the guy crawling through the ducting gets me every time. It drives my wife crazy but I do the same stuff when watching a movie. Right in the thick of the movie I will come out with, hey looks like single pipe steam or theirs one of those crapy Lux thermostats. Lots of eye rolling comes my way.
  • Timco

My wife is an anthropologist and she could not even watch the sneak preview for 10,000 BC. "There are pyramids in it, there were no pyramids at that time" or "they never hunted like that "...She begins every intro class by telling the students how many million years apart the homos were from the dinos...Fred did NOT use a dino at the quarry...

Tim
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member Posts: 201
    old story

I'll never forget the story of the service man working in a dark mechanical room beside the family's laundry room. Grndma came in and did her business in his tool bucket without realizing he was in the dark. The kicker was being introduced to grandma by the owner and his large sons.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Dave Yates

and his version of radiant air hockey. Getting a beer from the fridge.

That was some good stuff right there. :)
  • heatboy_2
    heatboy_2 Member Posts: 48
    That's a Rockyism.

I would imagine that's just life in Alaska. Right, Rock?
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)
    Dave Yates (GrandPAH) Member Posts: 281
    The day the wall went dry!

It was April Fools & Dan was away. Virtually every devout WetHead you know "confessed" they had either gone to DryHead or were giving up their hydronic ways - having finally seen the scorched air light! My family became concerned for my well being as I sat and laughed until tears streamed down my cheeks each night.

Then Tickles the Cat entered the picture. From that point going forward, I laughed so hard I ended up with what's called chest-wall pain!

The unfortunate part of the joke was visitors not understanding it was a joke & many thought they'd landed on a scorched air site. So, the silliness came to a halt & course of The Wall was corrected. The responsible party who cooked up the scheme confessed and all was forgiven by our host.

Tickles was never rescued that I can remember, so next time you hear that echoed meow reverberating through someone's ducts, it's the either the ghost of Tickles or the owner's lost cat whose curiosity got the better of him/her.

I wish I'd saved that thread!
  • Joannie_15
    Joannie_15 Member Posts: 115
    That gets my vote

That was hilarious!!!

Other than that, pretty much anything Brad has written would be at the top.
  • Bob Bona_4
    I saved it

and printed it. It is in some banker's box somewheres in my office. Dave, you sure did your part trying to convert us :)

Remember the cry "bust up them radiators!" ?

• Anna Conda
    Anna Conda Member Posts: 122

In geek drinking games, that's known as the 'science major pedant point.' It's the point at which a person with a background in the portrayed discipline can no longer suspend disbelief without choking it ^_~ All worthy game participants know that this is the point to hit the pause button and listen attentively while the science major tells them how wrong it is. Whereupon all take a drink ^_~

(I'd love to know more about this Tickles the Cat thing, just the summary has me giggling)
  • bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    Spraying the key board

Spraying the keyboard with coffee. You learn not to drink any beverage while viewing the wall.

I haven't fallen out of the chair laughing since the days of frankFromphilly
  • Rocky_3
    Rocky_3 Member Posts: 232
    You can't make this stuff up!

It was I whom granny decided to bestow her essence on. My mentor, Art Davis, may he rest in peace, was about 75 years old then. When I told him the next morning what happened, I honestly thought he was gonna die of a heart attack. Seriously. You've heard about people getting plumb down laughing? He was literally rolling on the floor. He had asthma from breathing soot for 55 years, so then he got to coughing. Finally he couldn't breathe and I had to find his inhaler before he passed out. He could barely hit the inhaler in between bursts of laughter. That, my friend, is one of the all time great stories of tech/customer interactions, even if I say so myself!
    Regards,
    Rocky "slop bucket" Pavey
  • hey timco

then don't take her to the creationist museum where;
    "Among its exhibits, the museum features life-size dinosaur models, over 80 of them animatronic (animated and motion-sensitive). Model dinosaurs are depicted in the Garden of Eden, many of them side-by-side with human figures.[32] In one exhibit, a model Triceratops is shown wearing a saddle and another, along with a Stegosaurus, is shown aboard a scale model of Noah's Ark."
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Can you

scan it and post it, so everyone knows how crazy we are?

BTW, I don't think Dan has been away on April 1 since then. Wonder why ;-)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bob Bona_4
    it may be

a little while before I find it, Frank..That was like 5 years ago? It is buried in some box along with other great posts from that year. When I get to it, I will give you guys a heads up before posting.

Didn't Tickles lose the battle with the sheet metal screws?
  • Peter Zelchenko_2
    Peter Zelchenko_2 Member Posts: 35

And when you asked how many dinosaurs Noah took on the Ark, the answer was????

In my line of fire suppression, I always enjoy how all of the fire sprinklers go off at the same time. After a rerun of "Backdraft" I get asked is you can knock the top of off a fire extinguisher, throw it at the fire and knowdown the fire. The fire of course has already overwhelmed all of the fire extinguishers that activated at the same time.

When I was a full time fire fighter, I got asked if I ever saw a car explode into flames. We even got that asked on vehicle fires. "Should we leave in case the car blows up?" I always replied the cause of a car exploding was the characters leaping into the dirt, if you walk away, the car never blows up.

Truth does not sell like an exageration.
  • Timco

My personal favorite is the blue spark effect when someone gets shocked. As a long-time sparky, I can assure the world there is NOT a field of blue sparks when someone (Or I) gets shocked...Mythbusters also proved that a lit cigarette cannot light gasoline spilled in a line to the can...

Tim
This discussion has been closed.