Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

De Dietrich

Mark Hunt
Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
I was told that the boiler is still available in Canada and that parts are available there as well.

I know it stinks, but see if your supplier can find a source in the great white north.

Mark H

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=238&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Andy_6
    Andy_6 Member Posts: 48
    DeDietrich Boilers?

Have any of you heard of and installed any De Dietrich boilers? I had a local rep show me some info and pricing on the product and it is a very nice looking boiler.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    None installed here but

I was told that the company that was importing them to the USA has closed.

You may want to look into that before you commit to the product.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    They are a huge

player over in Europe. But if they don't have the support here its just like Blutto said in Animal House .... IT JUST DOSN'T MATTER !

:)

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bill Nye_2
    Bill Nye_2 Member Posts: 538
    DeDeitrich

I have done a few. Nice product. Very similar to Biasi or Vega or Pensotti.

Nice and quiet, small size. The ones I did had Riello. The only thing I didn't like.. we used the cheaper control and it had to maintain high limit ?????????
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    De Dietrich

I just installed a DTG-120, nice boiler. Quiet. I just wish that the boiler enable contacts were low voltage. I hope Macna- DeDietrich didn't close.
  • Andy_6
    Andy_6 Member Posts: 48

Ross, If I understand you correctly the boiler is set up for a line voltage thermostat?
  • Ross_7
    Line voltage enable

Yes, that's correct, Andy. I ended up using a Taco SR501 switching relay, with the end switches of the zone valves across the R-W terminals. If you don't do it this way, there are pump terminals on the boiler for continuous circulation, then of course you would have to use a differential bypass valve, if using zone valves. Otherwise De Dietrich recommends installing with primary-secondary piping arrangments. Ross
  • Ross_7
    Parts

Hello Wallies,
    This is just a general inquiry. If any one has any parts for DTG-120 DeDietrich. Please let me know if there are any companies that are stocking any parts. I'm already in touch with Auer Steel in Milwaukee. I feel bad because I installed this boiler for a friend of mine recently, and now WHoosh! Macna- DeDietrich is no more. Excuse while I clean the egg off of my face.
  • Ross_7
    Parts is Parts

Nobody has any parts for the DTG-120? If I'd known that MACNA- DeDietrich was going to pull the plug, I obviously wouldn't have sold the boiler. Help out a fellow wethead.
    Thanks
    Ross
  • Richard Lemelin
    Richard Lemelin Member Posts: 7

very good boiler, easy to clean. best burner is weishaupt.
  • Ross_7
    O, Canada

Thanks for the heads up, Mark! I'll ask my contact at Auer Steel, if they can look into it.
    Ross
  • Doug Hannah
    Doug Hannah Member Posts: 2
    De Dietrich Boilers in USA

I just want to let everyone know that yes, MACNA is no longer in business selling the De Dietrich boiler line. Our company "Flexible Eutectic Boilers Ltd" is located in Cambridge Ontario will be handling the line for all of North America. Our contact information is as follows;

PH: (800) 943-6275
    FX :(519) 650-1709

• Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    What about?

the Agency Rep for northern New England? Who is it, and will that stay in place?

Thanks, Jed
  • Doug Hannah
    Doug Hannah Member Posts: 2
    What About?

Jed,

You may still order from Northland Corp. (Middletown CT) 860-613-1091 or e-mail northlandcorp.@sbcglbal.net

Doug Hannah
  • Pep
    Pep Member Posts: 2
    De Dietrich boiler and Riello burner - I give up, help!

Have a De Dietrich boiler and Riello burner in my home. Seven years old and has never run right. Direct vented, oil fueled. De Dietrich can never supply any help. Efficiency is out the window with high maintenance costs. About to replace it all. One last effort to see if help is out there. Thx
  • Pep
    Pep Member Posts: 2
    De Dietrich boiler and Riello burner - I give up, help!

Have a De Dietrich boiler and Riello burner in my home. Seven years old and has never run right. Direct vented, oil fueled. De Dietrich can never supply any help. Efficiency is out the window with high maintenance costs. About to replace it all. One last effort to see if help is out there. Thx
  • knotgrumpy
    knotgrumpy Member Posts: 211
    Scott, I'd love to see

Some larger pictures of your work.  It would be nice if you had a photo gallery of your projects.

Mark
  • Ross_7
    Slant Fin Eutectic Boiler

I think that the Slant Fin Eutectic Oil Fired Boiler is manufactured by De Dietrich. Maybe you could call their Tech Support & maybe they could help you out. Let us all know how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.