Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ultra Controls

Bob Sweet
Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
ready to go, with some minor parameter adjustments. I like to use a 3-way motorized mixing valve on the floor warming side of the system and base it off of ODR to modulate your floor temps or just base it off of a set point temp. Or you could use an injection pump to feed your floor warming temp. You will have to do two temps for sure, even a basic three way thermostatic mixing valve would work, but is not a smart control and would be a last choice.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=443&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Controls on Ultra

This is probably a basic, dumb question - but now that we are going with a W-M ultra running 2 air handlers and 2 constant circ radiant manifolds(just for floor warming on the tile floors), what boiler controls are recomended? I beleive the ultra comes with a control package, do I need anything else for outdoor reset?

I really want to go more baic than complex, all other stuff being equal.

Thanks for all the help.
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    You have all you need...

just install a Taco SR zone control to run the pumps for the air handlers, a simple outdoor t-stat like a Ranco etc11200 to turn the radiant pump(s) on/off.... you may not need to turn down the temps. for the tile floors, as I remember your air handlers were somewhat oversized, and you may be able to heat with some very low temps through them. I would pipe in such a way that you could add tempering later, if needed..... you will also find that the water temps. for the tile will be warmer than you think to actually get a warm "feel" from the tile.

Floyd
  • Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Imo

seeing as the AH are your main source of heat, getting any comfortable production of heat out of them with less than 120* is stretching it.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Even with climate panel above subfloor

with direct contact to 1/4 inch board and tile?

I was thinking around 100.

You guys are probably correct, and I like your ideas.

This discussion has been closed.