Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need help on slecting a boiler

Gentleman, although i have followed dan holohan and the wall for a number of years, Im in need of assitance in selecting a boiler for an old friend who recently purchased a fixer-upper wit no heat. As cost is a problem his budget is limited im trying to set him up with a low mass stand down boiler and will be installing baseboard hot water probably one room at a time. I have looked so far a Slant Fin XL2000 castiron boiler, and New Yorker boiler steel FR-HGS, also Crown Freeport-CT4 and last but not least Thermo Dynamics Boiler LM-100. As i work in commercial refigeration and installation i have been out of the heating loop for some time and dont know what is good, bad or ugly. please reply to the above email address. If i can help with refrigeration problems let me know.
Scott Price

Comments

• jeff_51
    jeff_51 Member Posts: 545
    go with a steel boiler

they are probably the least expensive and they do stand up well as long as the system is well maintained. You will have to check with your supplier about what is available. I always liked the Dunkirk if you are looking for basic cast iron, but then I lived jsut outside of where they were made. reliable and cost effective, but support availability is important as well
  • Scott Price_2
    Scott Price_2 Member Posts: 6
    Boiler slection

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning to the New Yorker FR. I have
    worked on a few over the years,they seem to hold up.
This discussion has been closed.