Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Mega Steam

Options
2»

Comments

• That's correct.

I somehow missed Jim's last question and apologize for that. Regardless of the fuel it is the heat that is the trigger to starting the degradation process. Not the heat from making steam but the flue gasses on the other side of the cast iron surfaces exposed to the steam chamber of the boiler. Most of the corrosion will take place on the intermediate sections because the steam chamber surfaces are exposed to the flue gasses on both sides as well as the top where the flue gasses collect before leaving the boiler via the flue connection. The end sections only have one side exposed to the flue gasses as well as only a small portion of the top because that's where the canopy or flue collector is mounted.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Peter Zelchenko_2
    Peter Zelchenko_2 Member Posts: 35
    Options

So does this mean that Burnham acknowledges the issues with the V8 Series steamers in the Massacusetts area? I had two units fail in the span of two years, if you remember my old post on this subject after the second unit rotted out after less than nine months. And that's after spending a grand getting the first unit's sleeve replaced under your parts-only warranty after it rotted out within twenty months.

I just want to set the point that you, as a representative or Burnham, are acknowledging the issues with the V8 Series steamers rotting out above the waterline.

It would be great to understand if you have found any water additives that might be able to provide a better environment in the sleeve for those whose V7 and V8 series steamers have yet to rot out. If it can provide another year or two of life out of the boiler, people would be very appreciative.

-John
This discussion has been closed.