To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Erie Boiler Boss

EdTheHeaterManEdTheHeaterMan Posts: 22Member
Does the Erie boiler boss 4 zone circ control have Normal open and normel closed contacts for each zone?
(Taco and argo only have normal open contacts to operate circulator)

I want to operate steam zone valves that need power to open and power to close

• Joe MattielloJoe Mattiello Posts: 520Member ✭✭

Look at pages 47, and 48 of the Taco zone control wiring guide. We show valves that need 24 volts to open/close so we take a lead off the right hand t terminal at the top of the board where the thermostat is wired too. For your convenience I attached a copy of the Taco zone control wiring guide. Hopefully this helps you
    Joe Mattiello
    Application Field Service Engineer
    Taco, Inc.
  • EdTheHeaterManEdTheHeaterMan Posts: 22Member

Thanks .... but valve motor is 110V
  • Ray LandryRay Landry Posts: 203Member

What about using a 120v general purpose relay?
  • EdTheHeaterManEdTheHeaterMan Posts: 22Member

I can do that for each zone with no problem... I think that is the way i will end up! I was hopeing for the nice compact look of the multi zone panel like Argo, Taco and the like. I have not used Erie Boiler Boss and I can't find the schematic on their website to see if the 4 zone circ relay has SPST or SPDT (with NO and NC terminals) as the single zone relays have
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!