Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Joe @ Buderus.... What are these grey pipes?

Buderus in some parts of the world sell just about every part of a heating system (also cooling, solar, fuel cells, etc... systems). In some countries Buderus is like the heating supply house. They sell complete systems directly to the contractor. There are no plans to change our present distribution system here in the United States. There are many products that we do not offer here in the U.S., but as we continue to grow more products will be introduced.

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    are these grey pipes insulation or are they factory made pieces

for this lash up?

*~/:)

i yi yi yi yi theres is this HUGE picture on my desktop now of the back end of a Buderus with these huge grey pipes comming out of the back of it and i evidently didnt get it to post as an attachment...:(

they are pictured on a site HEITECH 2000 , a German Site.

i managed to post the pic on another thread Plan B.
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    gerry here you go

http://forums.invision.net/Attachment.cfm?Bud38.jpg&CFApp=2&Attachment_ID=23706

It was a blue boiler not hell he was speaking of ;-)
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Gerry,

How about this?

It looks like a factory made connection from the boiler to a mixing station or Multi station manifold to me.Other than the wire running right through the flue connector...it looks pretty cool to me! Enjoy.
    Chris
  • Weezbo
    well thank you sir. it was making me wonder if it

some new crimp fitting system on the brass or an insulation kit for the pump block. it looks similar to the one that i installed as far as the placement of the block...
  • J.C.A._3
    Naw.

It looks to me like a male thread going into the block, with a union "nut" on the outgoing side that is specifically made to connect to this ghost device.(which would be an insulated elbow with another union nut to connect directly to either of the 2 mentioned items.)

There are a whole world of different type fittings and connectors available in the Euro-market, that we won't see until we get with the program....and go METRIC! Check out the connections on these beauties. All stainless, and readily available right from the factory! (all we need is the flipping adapters to bring them to our world!)

I threw in a few that are MADE, but probably not so readily available unless you got the CA$H! There's a whole WORLD out there. Why be pigeonholed by pipe size? Chris

BTW, that last one is a radiator! Wouldn't that look nice in your shower stall, if it would fit?
  • Weezbo
    Thanks i like the stainless Pro press....

i had that jpeg stashed until my other computer crashed..*~/:)

another one i like was the one the guy had a firetruck parked in the sunroom :) and we were all trying to figure how much stored solar would be available if the guy should choose to drive it to the other side of the home' living room at night :)
  • J.C.A._3
    Notice on....

The condensing Oil photo, and the boilers down the line from it that the stainless tubing is accordian looking? If we could get the fittings right, this stuff can be bent to fit like a glove.

The stuff is available, but we need to get over our love affair with such outdated sizing.

For God's sake...the rest of the WORLD uses the METRIC system. Why are we fighting it?

The biggest step is to FORGET the way we do it now, and stop comparing "feet to meters", and the like. Accept it for what it is...and move forward ! It's easy to understand, and the conversions are as easy as moving a decimal point...and a slight understanding of Latin.

Why we still use the measuring system designed by the country that we faught to seperate ourselves from....who, by the way, abandoned it themselves....is just ludicrious.

It's a WORLD economy now. Let's join the rest of it and get over ourselves!MOVE FORWARD. Chris
  • Jim Farrell
    Jim Farrell Member Posts: 46
    Hi Eff. Oil...

Take a look at weil-McLain Ultra Oil Boiler...
    American Made and thick Cast Iron Sections....

They made this boiler as a 3 pass flue gases...Like their large commercial 94 boiler...

Really take a look....
    Also look at the weight of the boiler vs their Gold Oil Boiler and the competitor's...you can remove the front door when taking the boiler into the basement...This makes the weight 85 lbs lighter....

www.weil-mclain.com
    ULTRA OIL Boiler
This discussion has been closed.