Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ultra Fin labor?

Options
JimmyJam
JimmyJam Member Posts: 78
Does anyone have a labor estimate calculation for Ultra Fin tubing and plate installation?

We have never installed Ultra Fin before and need to determine how long it will take to drill all holes (through TJI), pull 1 loop of 1/2" pex and install 113 pairs of plates?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
71Gibby

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    hole drilling speed and labor

is what you need to determine. I actually found it easier to run with the joists nand use those pigtail brackets they sell to suspend the tube. Lot less drilling and less kink potential, especially if you use PAP which I highly reccomend :)It does take more tube, however.

If you decide to drill every TGI ever 2 foot or so invest in one of those Lennox single carbide tooth bits. Those suckers carve a hole in seconds. Although not the cleanest cut you will ever see! More of a rip and tear cut, but fast on plywood or wafer board products like I joists.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Options
    lennox or milwaukee

self-feed 1 3/4 bit when sharp will drill TJI's like BUTTA. Then you can cut armaflex into 1 1/2 inch long sections and stuff it in each hole around the tubing to provide sound deadening. An air powered rivet gun will save bundle of time and severe arthritis from riveting. I would allow myself about 16 hours to do what you describe (by myself, and I'm slow).
This discussion has been closed.