To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Black iron monoflow tees

Robert O'ConnorRobert O'Connor Posts: 599Member ✭✭✭
Here's one. This cast iron mono-flo tee I'm guessing was installed in the mid-fifties to "try" and heat a cold porch. As I was evaluating the system for a boiler replacement I noticed them. I said to the HO " I guess this room stays pretty cold eh?" and he replied "yeh, how'd ya know that?". This was on an original open gravity system that someone recently introduced a pump to but couldn't get the house above 50.

Robert O'Connor/NJ
· ·

Comments

• SaggsSaggs Posts: 174Member

Do black iron monoflow tees exist? Looked at a job with several large modines all branched off a common supply loop and dumped into a comon return. The only way this could work would be w/ monflow tees in the 2" iron piping. Anyone seen these before?
    · ·
  • stevesteve Posts: 37Member

Yes they do.

· ·
  • bob youngbob young Posts: 2,137Member ✭✭✭
    monpo-flow

b. & g. makes them and taco used to make a venturi scoop tee. kinda looks like a funnel w/ two ends. still got some laying around the shop from maybe 1970. all 1 1/4 "x 3/4 "
    · ·
  • Tom M.Tom M. Posts: 237Member
    If they all go from supply piping to return piping,

then they shouldn't need monoflow tees. Monoflow tees are used to create a pressure difference between two tees in the same loop. If the piping and circulator are sized properly, then there should be a pressure difference between the supply and return piping, causing flow through all of the Modines. Hope this helps.

Tom M.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!