Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Embassy manifolds

Options
<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=323&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    Has anyone....

used their manifolds for the distribution stations? I Just looked at a install that was about 5yrs old and all 5 stations are leaking... about 3+ gallons a week. I am wondering if I try to replce w/ what they now use or do I stick in a Wirsbo/Uponor manifold(s) in its place. I am guessing that the system was glycoled and it probably did in the O-rings...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • zeb_3
    zeb_3 Member Posts: 104
    Options
    MANIFOLDS

Are they o-ring leaks? If so that may be the easiest fix.
    I've installed an embassy manifold years ago. since then my supplier has changed lines.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    embassy systems

I have 2 jobs that i did about 10 years ago using embassy manifolds and i used the silcone sealant that can with the manifold and the o rings and they are still tight not a drip .I personally liked there manifold which came with flow indicators and adjusters and also a supply temp gauge and air vent and return thermoter also .The manifold just may need to be tightened .peace clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    there are 5

at this job...I suppose I could try to tighten them but my feeling is it would make matter worse. The threaded rod might not want to turn after all the water/rust on it....kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mike R
    Mike R Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Change out

I was on one last week with several leaking units. Worst boiler room that I have been in for a long time. I changed everything out to the newer Wirsbo manifolds, did a heat loss, used my flow master to tune everything to the calculations, and got a great call from the homeowner over the weekend telling me that this was the first time that the house was ever truely comfortable. They now want the whole boiler room redone. I am still unhappy about the name change but most of thier stuff makes it pretty easy to do things right so I am still buying.

Mike
This discussion has been closed.