Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need Recommendations for new furnace

Options
Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
Thermopride or second best Hallmark

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=313&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Concerned Apartment Owner
    Options
    Need a new furnace

Hi all. I need recommendations for a new home furnace. Also need a recommendations for heating contractor in East Hampton NY. Currently have two zone forced air system. Home is about 2500 Square feet including basement. A friend recommended a Thermodyne furnace.

Thanks
  • Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Furnace

Oil I would recommend ThermoPride Gas Ruud or Rheem....
  • harvey
    harvey Member Posts: 153
    Options
    new furn

FOR GAS Rheem/Ruud modulating is THE best there is. Use it Three stage, four stage or modulating.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    3 stg/ 4 stg???

I never knew of such a bird. Are you talking the gas side or blower side Harvey? I personally do not like Rheem, but everyone has their opinions.

Mike T
  • harvey
    harvey Member Posts: 153
    Options
    modulating

The rheem modulating furnace can operate with different thermostats. za single stage stat gives you three stage heating based on time. Two stage stat gives you four stage First and second stage based on stat, third and fourth based on time. Modulating stat gives you 40% - 100% modulation. All this and variable speed blower. We've been installing these since 2000. People call back to say they can't believe how comfortable their house is. Great product.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    lower fuel usage too

Our latest Rheem variable-speed install resulted in a phone call today - happy HO with lower fuel usage - "much lower" by their claim.

Of great interest to me: At AHR, I saw York's new variable speed furnace that has sensors in both the supply and return to grant true variable speed based upon outdoor reset - for hot air! That's modulation - not stepped staging! Anyone used this product yet? If so, e-mail me for a story I'm doing.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    Single stage stat?

How are they going to control this thing with a single stage stat? I read some of the logic of this thing. It said the board could ignore the stat and continue the call for heat even if the stat satisfies. What's the outdoor reset? It comes with an outdoor sensor?

OK, so the Mod has 13 stages instead of truly variable from 40-100%. At least firing rate is based on house needs not what a board thinks.
  • Concerned Apartment Owner
    Options
    How do I know if I'm getting the right

size furnace. I have a proposal for a Thermopride OL11-105 FD. I read the specs and it shows an BTU output of 101,000. Would this be enough for a 2500sf house?
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,922
    Options
    Good equipment is a must.............................but

The best contractor to install is more important. There are a few on this site out that way, but you would be in great hands with Jim Burke of Comfort Zone. He's does quite a bit on the east end. You can find him on Find A Professional..his shop is in Medford. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    CHO,....

You can ask your bidding company for a copy of the heat loss/gain, but it may not be given unless you accept the job. Most contractors will show you the results of the Heat loss/gain, but only if you accept. I personally don't want to give you facts and figures I worked on so you can farm it out to someone else. My price you would know, I would tell you that a Heat/loss/gain was performed and would gladly show you the results. BUT I am not going to give you Info, That I worked on so someone else could use it to beat my price who may not have done their homework.
    I think I repeated myself about 100 times and I am sorry but I think you get the picture. Professional contractors stand by their work and the figures better be right because that is what determines the price.

Mike T.
  • Jim Burke comfort zone
    Options
    new furnace

good morning my name is jim burke from heating help .com
    i got your message and have tried to contact you by phone
    a couple of times not sure if i have the correct contact #
    if you still need someone to look at your heating system please call me or email me your info .
    Thank you and have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.