Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Foaming Hydronic boiler

George_10
George_10 Member Posts: 580
We have several thoughts on this, but we have more questions. The glycol and the nitrite levels are not out of line. Do you know the conductivity level?

We are willing to help you, but at this point we have to many questions the we would need answers to.

You can call us at 417-862-2600 or reply to me direct via e-mail.

Comments

• Dan Y
    Dan Y Member Posts: 1
    Foaming hydronic boiler

Help!! I got a hydronic boiler system serving a 200,000 sf high school and the water in the mains is foaming like mad. When I tap off a sample of the water it comes out 100% foam, white as milk. The foam takes approximately 3 minutes to settle out and when it does volume has dropped by approximately 20-25%. The fulid is water with 30% glycol and 700 ppm nitrite. I've had a sample sent to a lab to check for impurities but results won't be in unitl late next week. If anyone has an idea on what is causing this and I how I can stop it I could shure use the help.
  • Drew_2
    Drew_2 Member Posts: 158
    Old Foamy

The cause of foam in most glycol solutions is oxygen being injected into the solution. This should not be happening. The foaming can be stopped with a defoamer but that is just a bandaid for your bigger problem. Look for a leak.
This discussion has been closed.