Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gorton Vents

Options
should each have one Gorton #2. The dry return would need one #2 also. So you want to buy a total of three.

"Steamhead"

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Terry_10
    Terry_10 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Number of vents needed

Please advise on the number of vents needed for an old vapor system. I have a total of 118' of 2" ID supply, I want to order the Gorton #2's and not sure if 1 is ample or should 2 or greater be installed. Then what about the return side which is 1" ID? Currently this is the most active of the 2 original (Moaut) vents. Thanks for all of your help!
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Options
    Is the 118 feet

all in one main, or is it split between two or more mains? If the latter, how long is each main?

For the returns- how many radiators does your Mouat have?

"Steamhead"

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Terry_12
    Terry_12 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks Steamhead

Two mains, one being 57' with 5 radiators and the other 61' with 8 radiators. Total radiator square footage is 606.
    I also am concerned with the height needed for the #2 Gorton vents. I have 12" above the supply line and 16" above the return line. Is this enough height, or should I consider the #1 Gorton vents instead. Thanks again!
  • Bob W._3
    Bob W._3 Member Posts: 561
    Options

61' of 2" = 1.33 cu. ft.; you would need 2-3 No. 1's or 1 No. 2.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Options
    With 12 inches above the vent tappings

you have plenty of room for one Gorton #2 on each main. That's what I'd use. Bob did the math.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Terry_10
    Terry_10 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Steamhead, Just to clarify you are saying two #2's at the end of the supply line. Then what about the return, two #2's there also? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.