Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wood Boiler again

hydronicsmike
hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
....personally, I liked your last diagram better.
Wish you would have called so i could have offered you what I had in mind. The new diagram I don’t like very much because it gives you very limited controllability and also doesn't seem overly efficient and also makes it harder to control the comfort level.

Find out what it would cost you to buy a tekmar Universal Reset Control 363 and if you can afford it, call me at 250-545-7749, Ext. 214. I'll share my thoughts and ideas for free ;) (but hope its perceived to be more valuable than the price :D). I would still suggest a piping change (see attached sample)

If the 363 is more than what you were looking at spending, then a Mixing Control 361 could be utilized. But the rest of the system would have to be done through Relay Magic and any savings you may find between the 363 and 361, will most likely be lost during the wiring process.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Mike

Comments

• Nick_16
    Nick_16 Member Posts: 79
    Wood Boiler again

Hi hotrod and everyone else. Hotrod, this is how I would like to pipe my system because it would save me the cost of two indirect tanks as in my other diagram and it also provides better low water temp protection for the boiler, which isn't supposted to see temps lower than 120F. The only thing is, with this piping setup, I don't know a good control stragedy. I want to keep the controls as simple and afforadable as I can. The main problem is, how would the indirect know when to charge itself. If the system was piped as in my other diagram, the tank would be forced to "charge" in order to provide the primary loop with heat.
This discussion has been closed.