To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

MARKMARK Posts: 11Member
Hello all-I just wanted to know if anyone knows who makes a Digital readout gauge that would display the amount of gallons in a 275 gal Home heating oil tank.. What i'm looking for is a digital display showing me gallons in digits-from 0 to 275... Thanks for any help.. Have a great day/night....

• Tom M.Tom M. Posts: 237Member
    I've seen one,

but I don't know if it's made anymore. I believe it was made by Scully and it was gold and read in 5 gallon increments. I don't know how accurate it would be because some tanks have different dimensions and in my state tanks are pitched so the gauge would read differently in each hole.

We have a customer who has an hour meter wired to his oil valve. Number of hours X firing rate = gallons used. Maybe that will help your situation.

Tom M.
  • B. TiceB. Tice Posts: 206Member

A company called Rollie Systems has them. They have a website.
  • Al GregoryAl Gregory Posts: 260Member

I think it was the UG500 Most supply houses carry them
  • awaltiiiawaltiii Posts: 16Member ✭✭

I have a 1000 gallon underground tank. When I installed it in 1979, there was an oil shortage and a number of stories in the local newspaper about the theft of oil from underground tanks. So, I did the fill piping so you could not drop a line into the tank and possibly steal the oil unless you were willing to dig a 24" deep hole.

To keep track of the tank balance, I installed an elapsed time meter on the oil gun (after the 8148 cad control) and I will know the balance in the tank within 5%.
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!