To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Weil-McLain System Circulator Pump

I have a Weil-McLain Gold Series 3 GV 4 boiler. The system circulator just started to make an unusual humming noise. (Sounds like the bearings are going) Should I replace it with the same pump that is in the boiler? Bell & Gossett NRF 22 or is there a different pump that is recommended? If there is a different pump would I have to replace both the system pump and the bypass pump?
Thanks for any help that you can provide.

• hrhr Posts: 6,106Member
    It could have something in the impeller or volute

remove and inspect before you replace. The smallest spec of debris will often cause a noise or misbalance vibration.

You may have to get that exact pump to fit into the space allowed, and to meeet the flow requirements of the boiler or system.

That is a system fluid lubed pump, make sure you have water and some pressure in the boiler :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • toearlytoearly Posts: 78Member

This might be a stupid statement....
    If you replace the circulator with a different one. Make sure it is installed properley. We have come across two GV boilers this year with replacement circs installed the wrong way. The instructions will tell you how they can be mounted

• jeffjeff Posts: 545Member

I like the Grundfoss 42-F. Should slip right in to replace the B&G. Make sure you are not air locked, try opening and closing the valves a couple of times quickly.
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!