Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Copper pipe reamer

don_42
don_42 Member Posts: 42
I was wondering if you guys know if they make reamers that
can be put in a cordless drill?

For 1/2 to 11/2 copper pipe.Boy my hands just hurt when I
use the one on the tubing cutter.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Believe it or Not

I can't seem to find one. I'm guessing that the relatively high speed of even a VSR cordless drill would make the thing unstable and/or dangerous.

Have you tried one like the top "inner-outer reamer"? Much, much, much nicer, easier and quicker than the ones on the tube cutters.

Rigid Reamers
  • Bill Barrett
    Bill Barrett Member Posts: 43
    Reamer

Small pipe I use a tapered mechanics reamer ( Snap On ) , or what I really like is a Unibit
  • Tony Conner
    Tony Conner Member Posts: 549
    I've Only Ever...

...actually seen one, but I've seen pictures of several in old books - a reamer cone attached to a carpenter's brace. It's kind of a cordless drill, when you think about it :)
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    reamers

check out imperial eastman tools they carry a small hand held inner outer reamer for up to 1 inch all metal and alot better then the ridgid models it,s all good for the forearms it's what makes men men peace
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • don_42
    don_42 Member Posts: 42
    Thanks guys

for info,I'll check them out.

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Bite the copper bullet....

and get yourself one of those handy Rigid copper pipe prep machines. It comes with a reamer attached, and a cleaner, and a cutter. Worth every cent...

In the mean time, I agree with the recommendation to buy yourself a Uni-bit. Once you learn how to use it properly, you can hold scratch cloth in one hand, and clean one end while you're de-burring the other end with your cordless VSD drill!!

Work smarter, NOT harder!

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    dont buy the emt inner outer reamer for copper....

i thought yah thats the ticket! boy was i wrong:)
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    We use

A chop saw to cut copper and use a Ridgid inside/outside reamer (metal) to clean up the burrs.Not a whole lot there to ream,but it works fast and does a good job
  • Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Rigid Reamer

I use the same reamer , the iner works find but is it me the outer side grabs ,twists and jams?
This discussion has been closed.