Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

climate panel estimate

Options
Matt_21
Matt_21 Member Posts: 140
i thought i read a thread a while back where someone had a spreadsheet for estimating the labor to install climate panels, quick trak, etc. anyone have anything like that?

Comments

• Wild Bill
    Wild Bill Member Posts: 112
    Options
    climate panels

Other than calling the local rep and asking for his best guess, I sure have never seen anything like that. But it sure would make life easier.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

I've seen other companies charge by the square foot. You know what, I think I have seen an article or I think it was a poll saying how much radiant heat cost around the US.
    Patriot Heating & Cooling, Inc.
  • Bill Nye
    Bill Nye Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Gee Matt,

Every one I did was different. New house, old house, crawl space, full basement, square room, way out of square room. Etc., etc.

I did one where the floor was so out of level the subfloor had to be ripped up and the joists replaced. If you have bay windows or angled walls.........

The first one or two jobs you do will take a long time, it is called learning curve. All the jobs you do afterward will take half the time.

Trial and error on the first few, and then you know how much tubing or square feet you or your crew can do in a day. Once you have these numbers you can have a good basis to figure future jobs on. One guy alone it takes forever, a good experienced crew that have worked together can do some real damage.

I work alone but I hire my cousins whenever I get a big job. I do the layout and then I have a hard time just to stay ahead of them.

Good luck with your program but personal experience can't be beat for estimating your cost. Like I said almost every job will be different.
This discussion has been closed.