Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Electric Boilers again!!

Options
hydronicsmike
hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
I am just wondering guys.....last week I asked who's Electric Boilers you would recommend for a friend of mine. A few of you replied and some mentioned that they have seen an increase of Electric Boiler sales. In fact, Leo even said that he almost does as many Electric Boilers as Oil and Gas.

Can anyone else see this interesting (could be) trend?

I wonder where the Boiler manufacturers sit with that. Have you seen an increase in Electric Boiler Sales?

Your feedback is as always muchly appreciated.
Thanks again.

Mike

Comments

• Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Options
    Some other costs

On a new build the large amp draw of an elect boiler can be taken into the design. Most utilities supply up to 200 amps at standard cost and knowing the supply wiring needs, sometimes 3 separate breakers, for the boiler, the electrician can plan and install. In an older house a complete panel change might be needed, many utilities limit single resistive load switching to 5.5 kw ( about 18,800btu) so the heating elements need to be staged with time delays to get any real input. For quick input, a buffer tank is needed with larger loads and a larger recovery tank for DHW. However, with nat gas going to elect. production, domestic supply falling and oil over $40 a barrel the persons lucky enough to have fixed low elect rates like KY should give the elect boiler a look.
  • hydronicsmike
    hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
    Options
    Thanks Dale and others...

...who have sent emails. Of course, if you don't want to mention numbers, you are most welcome to email me. But I don't need exact figures. Would simply like to get a feel for what seems to be an interesting point.

Your help is muchly appreciated and am thankful for you helping me do some research.

Mike
  • leo g_13
    leo g_13 Member Posts: 435
    Options
    Mike

just had another job "turn" today. We are going with the Allied 24BT, as the builder didn't want to waste "room space" for a boiler vent!

This is now 5 electrics / 2 gas in my last seven jobs!

Leo G

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.