Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WETSTOCK V ROOMS - Sold Out!

Options
Ken_8
Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
Just spoke to Thelma at H.I., New Providence, R.I. where Wetstock is to be.

There are two rooms left. One has a single dbl bed, no smoking. The other is two dbl beds, no smoking. The "special" rate quoted was $129/night.

The beds are too short for this 6' 5" attendee and his wife, and the price is nothing all that special either.

There has to be another place within walking distance. Anyone know the town or area?

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=68&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Try

the Biltmore, the Marriott, and the Westin. All within walking distance. Beyond that, you have to drive.

This is why I've been gently encouraging people who are thinking about being a part of Wetstock to get their rooms NOW. Providence is a happening town and the hotels fill up way in advance. Ya snooze, ya lose.
    Retired and loving it.
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Ken

I've stayed at the Courtyard downtown -- very nice. But I'm not sure how far it is from the Holiday Inn. Timmie McElwain lives in the area and he should be able to help.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    There are two Marriotts

and both are within walking distance. Ya snooze, ya lose.
    Retired and loving it.
  • eric_2
    eric_2 Member Posts: 148
    Options
    Marriott

Downtown was .3 miles from the event. I was able to book a room this morning. I can hardly wait!!
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Options
    Rooms

I just checked on line and there are rooms still available if you book them on line.Also the rate is cheaper booking online.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/pvddt
  • Ken_8
    Options
    Ya snooze, ya lose?

Providence in November is deadsville!

Cold, damp, blustery, snow showers possible, everything closes up except the snowblower stores!

Wetheads will outnumber the indiginous population by 2:1

Cheese'n Rice! It's more than three months away! Who reserves a room in a shore city three months ahead, practically into winter and expects to find the joints booked out?

You gotta be kiddin' me.

There's a major difference between snoozing and three freakin' months advance reservations.

It's okay. Marianne said she has no problem letting Jaye and I can sleep in the closet in her room.

Pack light. I don't want your smelly socks on our sleeping bag.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Options
    Hey Ken

We went to a classy Christmas party when my wife worked "High Tech". We stayed at the Biltmore and were taken to one of the Newport Mansions for the Christmas party, the year before we were taken to NewPort for the dinner train. There are things going on.

Leo
  • Ken_8
    Options
    Just scored big time!

Using Travel-ox-pedia.com, I scored a room on 14th street, with view of sewage treament plant, they don't care if you smoke or what you smoke; Beautiful view of Orion and M42, and the place is free!

The side of the tannish brown room has "G.E. Frost Free 18 cubic feet with crisper" on it and sleeps two comfortably. Leg room is no problem.

Travel-ox-pedia said to bring your own ice. Can you imagine that? In this day and age, no ice machines in the foyer.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken_8
    Options
    Besides the snow shovel throwing contest?

Or the ice skating on the street slush from the nor'easter the night before?

Perhaps the lobstah shell throw? Even the Sam Adams bottle toss gets cancelled.

There's always the ice boat races to Block Island however.

Hey Leo? It's Friday. Time for a bit of levity.

• jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    So Ken

is Bock Island like an offshoot of Block Island?

If Providence is closed down you could always take a half hour trip up to Worcester and circle our Union Station looking for a parking space. It has a first class restaurant was built with Millions of state, city and Federal money and it HAS NO PARKING.

The state has promised some if the businesses in there can show than can survive on there own.

Maybe Dan could hold Wetstock XXXX there, by then there should be plenty of room.

So how far have you levitated Leo?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hey Ken

You have it all wrong! It's actually quite nice here in early November. That's not to say that you will encounter any eye-strain while you are at the beach though....it's too cool for the bikinis to be out. Late October and early November is very pleasant here and it happens to be my favorite time of year. We generally don't get the nasty stuff until late January or February when the ocean and bay start to cool off a bit. I'm sure you will enjoy Providence very much. It has gone through a complete makeover and is a very nice place to be! Looking forward to seeing you again if I am in town that week. I'm not sure about that right now.

Glenn
This discussion has been closed.