To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

grundfoss flowcheck chatter

stevesteve Posts: 74Member
when a flow check valve chatters, it's because of
air in the system, but it doesn't seem like you have
a problem with air, i believe your problem is in the flow
check valve. without air in the system a bad flow valve could still make chatter sounds useually when the circ is on. i have replaced many flow valves for that reason. plus on a too much heat call the weight in the flow check is useually hung up.
· ·

Comments

• Kal RowKal Row Posts: 1,518Member ✭✭
    grundfoss chatter

i have a system with a few grundfos 15-58fc's with the built in outlet check - one of which chatters - at least it sounds like thats it, it could be air - since it's the highest pump, hoewever - the system is has a spirovent on the primary and the secondary, - dont think it's cavitation with temp of 175 a static pressure of 20 - it seem to do it a lot less at colder temps, anyone?
    · ·
  • Mark HuntMark Hunt Posts: 4,909Member
    geeze

that would be a new one on me. the only pump we have had any noise out of was a few taco IFC's.

Never had a problem with the Grundfos.

Please keep us posted though!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    · ·
    i know,

when i get a chance i will swap it with an adjacent pump - and will advise
    · ·
  • hrhr Posts: 6,106Member
    Check to check

for partial blockage. A solder ball, strip of teflon tape, wood chip, etc, may be hampering the flow or operation.

I haven't had a problem, with chatter or noise, even when used in a variable speed assignment :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    · ·
  • BOBBOB Posts: 19Member

you can take the pump out and change the check vakve. this is not a hard thig to do. i would try that first.
    · ·
  • AndykAndyk Posts: 13Member
    Grundfos flo ck chatter

What speed are you running the pump on ? Is the flow too much for the zone ? May want to look at it, the velocity can also cause the flo ck to chatter.
    "Call a Pro~in the end you will save some dough "
    · ·
    well i finally went back and..

took off the pump, took out the checkvalve, shook it out good, cleaned up the check valve, put it all back together and now it's quiet - go figure
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!