Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Smile, you're on candid camera (PAH)

Options
feeling like a proctologist! We scoped hundreds of feet of sewer lines today with a General Machine color camera rig.

We're thinking of adding this tool to our ever increasing bag of tricks.

Next up will be Ridgid for a test drive (if they offer one).

Anybody here have one & if so, I'd appreciate your thoughts. This past year saw us subcontracting for video line inspections with ever increasing frequency. Looks like a few years till one pays for itself, so it's important to spend wisely. We beat the snot out of the General equipment today & it never even blinked.

We ran through grease laden 4" lines and other lines 12" in diameter. The lexan lens seems pretty much able to take a severe beating without adverse affects. At one point, we encountered a brick in the 12" storm drain and managed to punch it along for a short distance. Very clear picture with an ability to adjust the light output for good contrast.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=98&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Geo_2
    Geo_2 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Dave, told my old business partner (who owned a drain co) he should buy one, that was 8 or so years ago, he started w/ a black and white unit "big money back then" and now has a colered... both have VCR hook-up's so you can leave a tape for the home owner ( great for insurance claims). He uses them at least once a week so the payback was fast, and he is a drain cleaner so has the opp to sell the service, I looked into it but too much money for the use it will get.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    we use rigid see snake,

it works very well, no complaints..
  • Murph'_4
    Murph'_4 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    see snake

> feeling like a proctologist! We scoped hundreds

> of feet of sewer lines today with a General

> Machine color camera rig.

>

> We're thinking of

> adding this tool to our ever increasing bag of

> tricks.

>

> Next up will be Ridgid for a test

> drive (if they offer one).

>

> Anybody here have

> one & if so, I'd appreciate your thoughts. This

> past year saw us subcontracting for video line

> inspections with ever increasing frequency. Looks

> like a few years till one pays for itself, so

> it's important to spend wisely. We beat the snot

> out of the General equipment today & it never

> even blinked.

>

> We ran through grease laden 4"

> lines and other lines 12" in diameter. The lexan

> lens seems pretty much able to take a severe

> beating without adverse affects. At one point, we

> encountered a brick in the 12" storm drain and

> managed to punch it along for a short distance.

> Very clear picture with an ability to adjust the

> light output for good contrast.

>

>

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 98&Step=30"_To Learn More About This

> Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in

> "Find A Contractor"_/A_

• Murph'_4
    Murph'_4 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    see snake.....

with navitrak locator, I'm telling you won't feel bad about that purchase. worth the price of admission. the navitrak is sooooooo easy and right on the mark, when we used the general (made right here in WPa) we were always scratching our heads when the locate came up incorrect. ask about loaners, your guys wont want to be without it. when the general went down, it was weeks waiting for parts. I can try to dig up the reps name or contact them through rigid dot com

Murph'
  • Jeff_18
    Jeff_18 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    camera

Dave I work for a company that has a rigid SEA SNAKE. Its about 7 years old., black and white, monitor has a built in vcr recorder. I have used it quite a bit. When you need it it is a great tool , could not be with out it after having having it around.We have had some great finds with it. With this model in the head is also a pipe locator. Again a great tool to have. About a year ago a salesman came by the shop with some new cameras.Boy the equipment just keeps getting better all the time. He had one that had a real nice feature with it. The camera would invert it's image if it got turned upside down We find being able to show the coustomer a vidio of a broken line or full of tree roots makes the job a little easyer to explain.The one major draw back I have found is only being able to push the cable in about 75 feet.To get the best results I try to get it in as far as I can and pull backwards while filming this keeps anything from getting on the lense.

Good Luck Jeff M.
  • D lux_2
    D lux_2 Member Posts: 230
    Options
    A guy I know

Had drain problems for about 6 yrs had to snake every year 4unit apt . he got fed up and had a camera ran down found a 4 inch yellow gas line going through his line had to evac. building gas co said it wasnt there problem they contracted job out . to miXXX pipe line contractors . I wonder what would have happened if the gas LINE would have been snaked through ...

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.