Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CI Baseboard Supply/Return Locations

Options
Alan98
Alan98 Member Posts: 2
I don't have too much experience with cast iron baseboard. I'm working on a house right now that has all the 2nd floor baseboard plumbed with BOTH the supply and return branches going into the upper threaded holes. Seems to me that this would create a sump and eventually collect a lot of gunk.

What's the best location for supply and return lines on cast iron baseboard (hydronic). First floor baseboard has the supply in the lower hole and the return in the higher hole (at opposite end).

Comments

• Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about gunk collecting there

Using the top tappings - they say - eliminates the need for bleeders on each individual baseboard. I usually opt for the top and agree with their recommendations. A good purge in the boiler room is all you need on a series loop - unless the piping does alot of up and down and all round routes, which is unprofessional, but you do see out there. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Alan98
    Alan98 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I apologize for not indicating the system is a one-pipe system with diverter tees.
This discussion has been closed.