Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Installing Monoflow T

Options
Steve Paul
Steve Paul Member Posts: 83
I was just thinking that if I were to install both the conventional supply T and the monoflow return T, up-side down (branches on the bottom) in the basement main, any errant air bubbles would tend to float to the top of the main. They would then be circulated to the boiler for removal at the air eliminator. The heating units would be less prone to becoming air bound.It would also make the initial main purging and unit bleeding more effective because less air would get into the heating units. Am I nuts (Hydronically speaking)or does this sound like a plan?

Comments

• Art Pittaway_2
    Art Pittaway_2 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Monoflo's don't

need to go down. Most of the time your running the line to a wall to go up, so the tee is going out horizontal to the main loop. Drawings of diverter tee's and lines going straight up to a radiator are simplified examples of an installation. Most important is the fact that if your having air problems it's not the position of the tee's. You need to find out why the air is entering the system and not being purged. Even a mono-flo system will stay clear of air if it's properly piped. Art
This discussion has been closed.