Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Two zone baseboard not wired right

Options
joewolf
joewolf Member Posts: 19
Hi my name is joe I have a two zone baseboard heating system the first floor I set the thermostat at 68 and is good but the second floor the thermostat ė is off and the temperature is 75 inhade a plumber change one of the motor on the valve few years ago ,and hi said that the zone was wired wrong ,Honeywell motor with 2 red for the valve a d the orange and yellow for the motor ,but there is 2 red wire that are coming from this thing hook up on the chimney I bulive is a cut off safety ,any one have the perfect way how to wire this boiler . Thanks in advance .joe

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Wow, one sentence. Any chance you can edit your post to make it more readable?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Do the same thing a pro would do if using a component for the first time.......Read the install instructions. In your case, you'll have to do it for every wired component in your system. Then draw up a schematic that you can work from. It takes more time for a DIYer to do. There's no getting around that.
  • joewolf
    Options
    I'll try that thank you very much
  • joewolf
    Options
    Readable? Lol that's not even english. Thanks Steve I forgot this was English class and not a forum for heating help. Are these 3 sentences legible enough for you?
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,324
    Options
    joewolf said:

Readable? Lol that's not even english. Thanks Steve I forgot this was English class and not a forum for heating help. Are these 3 sentences legible enough for you?

You have not made any friends with this comment.

Even after I decode your sentence, it does not make much sense, although I have tried twice now.

I think that what you meant to say is that first, you have a two zone hot water heating system. Second, the zone for the first floor appears to be holding the thermostat set temperature properly. Third, the zone for the second floor appears to be over the set temperature. Fourth, you mention a control on the chimney, which you think may be a safety -- and probably is.

The control on the chimney and the wires related to it is irrelevant.

What you don't mention is whether the zone valve for the second floor is responding to the thermostat for the second floor. That would be helpful to know, and is something which you should check.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,706
    Options
    It's not an English class, however if we cannot understand what you're asking we cannot help you.

Help us, help you.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722
    edited March 2017
    Options
    > @joewolf said:
    > Readable? Lol that's not even english. Thanks Steve I forgot this was English class and not a forum for heating help. Are these 3 sentences legible enough for you?

For the record....

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/readable

Don't show up to a battle of wits unarmed next time
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two
    KC_Jones
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options
    I get it. I'll guess that this zone has worked in the past? I've found that often after a few years the Honeywell valves don't close completely and they allow a small amount of energy to past through whenever another zone is calling. Easy to find.
    turn your heat way down at both zones till the rooms cool a bit. turn the functioning zone up and feel the pipes after the offending zone valve. They should not heat up.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker