Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mini therm

isley24
isley24 Member Posts: 3
I just installed a new mini therm boiler! It has wwsd but it's inactive, i set the max temp dip switch to 210° but the boiler shuts off at 150° every time. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,164
    What other controls are on your system? As I read it, at least some models of that boiler come with an outdoor reset which must be connected -- and, as I read it, that outdoor reset control limits the boiler to 150 maximum temperature when the outside air temperature is about freezing...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • isley24
    You can turn off the outdoor reset and the warm weather shutdown
  • isley24
    And i have an indirect fired water heater so warm weather shutdown does me no good!
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    It looks like the boiler puts you in a low temp mode when you override the outdoor reset and WWSD.
    It also appears that if there is a DHW call, it will overide outdoor reset and wwsd.
    I think you would be better off setting it up as the manual describes. You will get the energy savings of wwsd and reset with no real downside.
    A boiler max of 210 makes me a bit nervous, I would put that one back to 190.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    kcopp