Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Let's work harder not smarter

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,692
The old steam pipe just had to stay, right?
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com
kcopp

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Oh my.
    Retired and loving it.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    Guess the sawzall was too heavy to carry in from the truck.

He could have gone over it which wouldn't have been as bad.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    He didn't have a steam fitter license....only a pipe fitter card ;)

Maybe a time & material job??
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    Two wacks with a mini sledge and the lateral pipe would have been in the scrap pile.

This is a 2 family. Even if the steam was still live while the hw system was being piped, the dude could have routed over the steel pipe with less pain and goofiness

We were doing ductless and I couldn't help but notice the neatness infraction
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    I feel it ... No cordless Sawzall handy + low price iron scrap
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    Looks like a multipurpose pipe hanger.
    Me, as a kid, would be using that empty steam pipe as a "way cool" telephone between the upstairs and basement. I didn't have any video games ever, so I amused myself in other ways.
    Tinman
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options

Me, as a kid, would be using that empty steam pipe as a "way cool" telephone between the upstairs and basement. I didn't have any video games ever, so I amused myself in other ways.

I bet you chewed tar like we did, Too! >:)
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,677
    Options
    Fred said:

I'll take that bet.

I bet you he didn't.

:)
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    I can not remember chewing on tar. You'll be holding that title for a while Fred.
    GordyChrisJCanuckerSolid_Fuel_Man
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Fred said:

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    CTOilHeat
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    @Fred . Please tell me you did not eat paste, or boogers in school........I have nightmares about those kids
  • Fred
    Options
    Gordy said:

@Fred . Please tell me you did not eat paste, or boogers in school........I have nightmares about those kids

@Gordy , Nope never did that! Now that is sick!!!
    Gordy
  • Gordy
    Options
    I think I know @ChrisJ did not. After openly admitting he has brat fingers :D . Couldn't get them in his nose, or the paste jar........
  • ChrisJ
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Gordy said:

I think I know @ChrisJ did not. After openly admitting he has brat fingers :D . Couldn't get them in his nose, or the paste jar........

Sausage fingers...............

We all eat boogers along with the dirt and nasty crap they filter out of the air we breath. That's how our body gets rid of them. This is also why we should wear proper protection when working in a dirty environment, do you really want to eat and digest that stuff?

As far as my nose, no, I use tissues and have for as long as I can remember. I remember those kids too along with a kid sitting on the bus next to me with pee running down his leg. I was NOT impressed.
    Gordy
  • Fred
    Options
    @ChrisJ said: We all eat boogers along with the dirt and nasty crap they filter out of the air we breath.

No we don't! You are telling on yourself! OMG!!! And you have the nerve to talk about me chewing tar?
  • Gordy
    Options
    There was the time at an outdoor party. I was sipping a beer when I looked over to see a toddler with a dried piece of dog poop in one hand with brown lips, and teeth.........uhmmm who does this child belong too.......that will pull beer through the nose.
  • ChrisJ
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Fred said:

@ChrisJ said: We all eat boogers along with the dirt and nasty crap they filter out of the air we breath.

No we don't! You are telling on yourself! OMG!!! And you have the nerve to talk about me chewing tar?

I'm not telling on my self, that's how our body works. Your sinuses drain down your throat, there, Ace. Dirt and all. I did't say we pick our noses and eat it, that's nasty.
  • Fred
    Options
    Wow! I'm so relieved!