Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Starting a new business-maybe heating?

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    yep, I quickly scanned that article, seems like the rich dude is trying to get people into the trades, or some other path besides the traditional college route. Only a Billionaire could possibly pull this stuff off. Seems like there's a political undertone and a gripe to his motivations as well.

I don't think many would argue that the US is tilted towards getting a college education, and the associated bias that goes with that.

I think trades guys are like the worker bees in cubicles: the average worker stays average, the hard core worker climbs the ladder.

It's the beauty of living in the Great Nation.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    Solid_Fuel_ManGordyCLamb
  • Condoman
    Condoman Member Posts: 90
    This is the same message being supported by Mike Rowe and This Old House TV show. I believe It is a good message. You can have a decent career in the trades and that is finally being promoted as a valid path, finally.
    ZmanJUGHNEGordy
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    I think bottom line the article portrays being stuck in a box at the university level. Being outside the box is where innovation, and the drive came from that launched this country to where it is today.

I look back at the monumental achievements from the industrial revolution to present day. Seems like we are slowing down a bit.

• flat_twin
    flat_twin Member Posts: 350
    Can't help but think of Pete Seeger's version of "Little Boxes"
    Gordy