Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

An observation and a question

Options
Jackmartin
Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
My son and me had the experience none of us wants an explosion waiting to happen. We were removing the old gas HWT and installing a new Marathon electric tank for an elderly lady or should I say her kids as she is not able to live in her house any longer. They want the tank for the resell value when the house is liquidated. We removed the drop to the tank and I wanted to take the drip off the drop so zip could seal the valve off safely. I was kidding with my son I would turn the drip out with my bare hands and my son laughed and said give it Tarzan so I laughed and turned the drip with my hand and the dawn thing came out in my hand. I can only think it did not fall out over the last fifteen years because being an hot water tank there was never a time it was under vibration. I can only imagine if there had been small children and one of them had run into the drip with one of there toys. Too scary to think about. I am asking the members on the wall as we are all professional tradesmen what brand cap for your truck have you had the most successful with wd had to buy a new service truck and my guy needs a cap ASAP the only models we have to chose from are ARE ,LEER, RAIDER or SNUG FIT I would just like an honest opinion salesmen will sell anything they can ------- perhaps that's a little nasty I really like my wholesale salesmen and they have been fair.
All the best and greetings from Canada it is 47 degrees here right now strangest winter anyone can remember it should be - 20 to - 30 this time of year heaven help us when all this water freezes. Jack Martin

D