Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Condensation Fault with Carrier Infinity Touch Control

Options
I have a 59MN7A condensing furnace that is controlled by infinity touch control using the 4 wire com bus.
I have installed a Diversitech condensation pump that has a set of contacts to to shutdown the system rated at 1 amp at 24V if the water backs up. I also wanted to put a switch in the drain line itself that didn't rely on power. Is there a way to interface this with the system to get it to shut down the system. I had thought about putting it in line with the door switch but that is 120V and not the best way of doing it. You would think that there would be a way to input a fault signal to the system... Hard to believe that they have all this capability and never thought about providing external signal inputs for external problems.

Comments

• NJ, Designer
    NJ, Designer Member Posts: 53
    Options
    You can have NC contacts in series with the C or D wires that are going to the the controller/thermostat.

That's how I do it, and tell the customer is the screen goes blank to call asap.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    Yes it's discussed in the Infinity thermostat instructions, I did this with a Bryant a couple months ago.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Mike
    Mike Member Posts: 94
    Options
    You can wire the pump contacts to R and G terminals, then enable the G terminal in installers set-up of the controller. When 24v is sensed at G, a fault is detected and shut down the unit.