Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien NCB 180

BillAllen
BillAllen Member Posts: 103
I have a proposal to install the Navien NCB 180 in a crawl space. I have 48 inched to work with the unit is 28" high and I can make my own primary loop below giving me needed spec below. The 2" PVC vent is 2" using a street 90 to the outside might get me the clearance I need to install the unit. I will bring all my utilities on the newly wooden constructed wall on right side. I'll gladly accept any thoughts before I begin. My main question is space, do I have the space to install short of going to my supplier and laying out the unit from the box and measuring. Cheers.

Comments

• njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    You should have plenty of room. The primary loop doesn't have to be directly under the boiler you can come out of the boiler and 90 to the left then do your primary T's. You can use the left hand wall space to lay out your piping. You just have to get creative. Can try google images to get ideas.
  • BillAllen
    Thanks. Have you done one close like this? What is your knowledge of this?
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    can be done...wear your knee pads...they suck...may want to verify with navien in reference to the street 90 off the top..
  • BillAllen
    The Navien installation is turning out well. I have about 11 inches to work with at the bottom.
  • BillAllen
    Circs on the supply or return? I'm not sure it matters with the Navien??
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    The boiler circ should be on the return; the system circ on the supply, pumping away from the PONPC.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • njtommy
    @BillAllen
    Circ should always be on the supply.
    I have installed many NCB combi units. Never with a 4' max height, but can generally get every thing to fit in a 4'x4' area. I saw a guy in instagram install one with about 2'x4' area it was extremely tight. I have no idea how he did it.

The DHW side is a little tight for my likings. You will either have to offset the valve kit with nipples and couples or turn them in towards the wall. Where it looks like the relief valve will hit the wall so to say.
  • njtommy
    This could not of been fun.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Doesnt this boiler have it's own internal circulator? Only thing you should need is a system circulator. And pumping away is the recommended practice...
  • BillAllen
    Yes the boiler has its own BOILER circ I used 2 007 on the supply side (system side). I have plenty of room job coming out great,
    Thanks for all the comments!
    lchmb