Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No heat upstairs (baseboard boiler heat)

vwbaja
vwbaja Member Posts: 3
After turning the water main to the house off in order to fix some kitchen plumbing, my baseboards upstairs are no longer heating up. I heard loud wooshing of water upstairs in the baseboards that I hadn't heard prior.I have bleeders on all the baseboards and did try bleeding. I would start to get heat out of the first baseboard in the loop, but no further, then eventually the heat would fade. I am guessing I might have introduced air by turning the water main off. I do not have any purge spigots, just shutoffs before the recirc pumps. The system has four zones and the upstairs is the only one not working. Boiler pressure is 12psi. Recirc pumps kicks on when thermostats tells it to, it's just the return doesn't heat up. I am thinking about adding a purge spigot to each zone. How else can I purge the system or a particular zone with only baseboard bleeders? Do you think that particular zone needs to be purged?

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    It sounds as though you've introduced air into the system. I can't tell you form the pictures, the best way to purge it. You need to create flow in one direction. What's more troubling, is that you have introduced boiler water into your domestic water. That can't happen if you've got backflow prevention installed.
    vwbaja
  • vwbaja
    vwbaja Member Posts: 3
    backflow will be part of the revision in the spring. I just purchased the house and did realize there wasn't one. I did however close the valve prior to the autofeed to keep any backflow from occurring