Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replacing the water pressure switch on a Munchkin 140MR1 boiler

Options
AndyM_2
AndyM_2 Member Posts: 1
I have a munchkin boiler and have been getting the code pro. I had a repair man come out and he got the unit to work by wiggling the wire but the problem reappeared when he left. I have tried to close the water pressure valve and still wont start. The water pressure is about 15. I have ordered a new water pressure switch but am unsure of the procedure to replace the switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Was the pressure checked and verified independently from the gauge on the boiler? Was the pressure switch disconnected and checked using an ohm meter to verify that it, and not the wiring connection was the problem? If not I would suggest getting a pro out there who is familiar with this boiler. Try the 'find a contractor' link above.

It is possible your pressure switch works fine and the pressure in your boiler is hovering around 10 psi (the point at which the switch opens and throws the Pro error) while the gauge is reading 15. If this is the case then changing the pressure switch may not work.