Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Magic Heat Reclaimer

Options
bullseyeharry
bullseyeharry Member Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
I have a Magic Heat reclaimer that I took apart to clean. A bare ended white wire came off and I can't seem to locate where it reattaches. It did not come out of the harness. It is one of the two white leads coming off of the thermostat. One of those leads does go into a harness. I thought it might connect to the two black wires with the wire nut but that only bypasses the thermostat and the fan runs constantly. Any suggestions? I can't find a wiring schematic online.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    My honest suggestion is to remove it and toss it in the trash. But if you really want to hook it up, post a pic of what you got.
    steve
  • bullseyeharry
    Options
    It was user error. I switched it to the on position after I reattached the loose wire to where I thought it should go. Never switched it back to the off position (thermostat controlled) after I reconnected it to my stove pipe. These things really do work, but they really need to be taken out and cleaned every year. I have had the same one running for 11 cold NW Pa. years now. Thanks for replying and offering though. Harry
  • bullseyeharry
    Options
    Other than the extra heat, the thing I like about the Magic Heat is the "white noise" of the thermostat controlled fan shutting off as my wood stove cools. It wakes me when I'm sleeping and I can throw a few more logs on while my coals are still hot.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    I didn't realize you were using it on a coal stove. I've seen them on boilers and furnaces.
    Hard to tell if you figured it out or not.
    steve
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,677
    Options
    I'd like to see pictures of the setup regardless.
    I'm curious.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • bullseyeharry
    Options
    I will see what I can do with the pix Chris. Pretty new at this. Steve, my bad for not mentioning the Magic Heat was on a wood stove. I had a fire going last night and all is working fine. I have taken this apart several times to clean the fan (it collects a little dust over the years like all fans). I just didn't have it well supported when I took it out of the unit and one wire pulled out of the wire nut. Easy fix. Harry