Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat with dehumidifier control?

Options
Hi all,

Like the title says, what thermostats if any can also control a dehumidifier?
I see the classic Visionpro 8000 series has a so called "dehumidification" setting but that apparently only runs air conditioning to lower humidity. I need one that will close contacts above a certain set point.

So far, the only thing I could find was the Honeywell Humidipro, but it's a separate unit.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• Matt_67
    Matt_67 Member Posts: 286
    Options
    I believe the Honeywell TH8321R1001 has a contact that can be used to run a dehumidification system.
    ChrisJ
  • njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    Honeywell prestige IAQ.
    ChrisJdelta T
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,673
    Options
    njtommy said:

Honeywell prestige IAQ.

What's the deal with "IAQ" ?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    Indoor air quality. Your able to run humidifiers, dehumidifier, uv lights and Hrvs form it.
    It also has data logging for supply air, return air, run times per hour, day, weeks and months. It will show you data for indoor and out dor temps and humidity.
    SWEIdelta T
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    Many will. Most of the Vision Pros, Prestige models, any of the VP and Prestige with the EIM. Ecobee3 WiFi. Might need an isolation relay.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    There's a model of the Carrier Edge Pro with dehum contacts. Curiously, I'm unaware of a Trane stat with dehum, but we aren't in as deep with them as some others.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,673
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I found a NOS VisionPro :)
    Never thought I'd type that....

Only thing I can't tell is if it'll allow a system to fall back to 1 stage cool after the 2nd stage has been energized. Everything else seems to work nice including the dehumidification function.