Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Geothermal Valve Failures

Options
DaleP
DaleP Member Posts: 1
We installed a geothermal system three years ago, we have two units, in that time we have replace 6 Taco G2 and G3 valves. I now see there is a different valve which appears would work on our system, it is the V075T2G2ZA024Q4A1
and was wondering if anyone else has replaced the G3 valves with this valve and has had any better luck with them?
Your input would be appreciated. I have contacted my contractor and they are investigated but have never used this alternative yet and have provided no input, thus far. They were unfamiliar with the V075T2G2ZA024Q4A1.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Comments

• Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options
    Hi Dale
    I was reading your post about the Taco Geothermal valves failing. You didn't mention the failure mode?? Are all failures the same? I would appreciate the opportunity to investigate if you have one or more of the failed valves, You can send them in for evaluation. Perhaps we can discover the root cause of failure, and prevent more from same peril. I can tell you the most common issue, is when system pump head exceeds maximum 150 ft/shutoff head, and flow travels through the valve when it's off. Reducing the pump head will resolve that issue. If you switch over to Geo Sentry valve, V075T2G2ZA024Q4A1, you will not experience the same issue, because it's a ball style valve, so shut off head is the same as maximum static pressure rating of 125 PSI. You can contact me directly at Taco if you like 401-942-8000
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions