Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

question about 2 wire feeder..old m and m wf2-24 feeder

Joseph_4
Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
hi
I have a customer with a 2 wire m and m feeder. one terminal is supposed to be hot and the other common. I"m trying to hook it up to a LWCO. neither terminal is marked 1 or 2 and I cant find any old install manuals that tell you which is which. I have attached a picture. does anyone know which is which
Thanks
Joe
HHI Services

Comments

• Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    edited March 2016
    I would just run one of the wires through the lwco....when you test it hook your amp meter to it make sure all is well....what kind of lwco is there?
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    Um... maybe not quite that simple. First, check to make sure that neither of the terminals is internally grounded. If one of those is, that's the C terminal. If not, the question is does it require power to feed, or does it require power to not feed? If it require power to feed -- most likely -- you need a signal from the LWCO which is powered when the water is low. Chances are that the LWCO now is set up in series with the pressurestat or vapourstat and the burner controls... which won't give you the signal you need. There may be a terminal on the LWCO, though, which is powered when the water is low.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • MikeSpeed6030
    MikeSpeed6030 Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2016
    Is this a 24-V LWCO? 24-V control wiring usually isn't polarized, since it is isolated with a 120-24V transformer - you can hook it up either way.

If it is a 120-V LWCO, measure each line's voltage to ground. The neutral will read zero or just a few volts.