Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Working with Your Spouse

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited February 2016 in THE MAIN WALL

imageWorking with Your Spouse

How to work with your spouse and still stay happily married

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Excellent advice, Dan! I just wish you had written it 35 years ago when we started out. Like you, we've had to learn a lot of things the hard way by experience.
    I would encourage every couple in business together to carefully and prayerfully read this.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Good advice even if you don't work with your spouse! :)
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Hammer
    Hammer Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks, Dan! I think your observations can apply to ANY marriage!
  • Sunbury Supply Co
    Options
    i bought an on going small business refrigeration business in 1887 and in 1988 asked my wife to quit her part time job ( which she loved ) and come in and do the financial end. I gave her our check book about 15 years before that and haven't seem it since. It did
    go well until i purchased a small sheet metal shop and put it in her name. I subcontracted all our hvac installations to her. One night
    in bed she was complaining there were some contracts I haven't told her to pay. I set up in bed and we will never discuss business
    in bed gave her a kiss good night & said I love you. That was 26 years ago. still give her a kiss good night & the only thing we talk
    about business is how to get out of it now. You can do it together.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    Thanks to all of you. So far, so good!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Michael Dilling
    Michael Dilling Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Dan, I think you and the lovely Marianne should co-write your next book on this very subject. So many young couples get into business for themselves with the idea the guy will do the work of the business and the gal will do the books. Without proper assessment and some counseling on what this all means businesses fail and so do the marriages. Give it some thought. We all need to prepare the next generation to replace us but do we do a good job of passing on the lessons we learned? You and Marianne are a shining example of how it can be done successfully.
    Cheers my friend!
  • AntGray13
    AntGray13 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    This is fantastic Dan! Just what we need right now! Bless you!