Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

need low voltage basic timer for ERV

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,692
we did a geothermal install (removed conventional AHU/HP), and the existing ERV was not in operation when we arrived. So now we are up and running, but in order to make any sense out of the erv we need some basic timer.

I spent a few minutes searching but can't locate one that seems to fit the bill, anyone have any good choices?

We are simply going to mount the thing in the basement near our equipment, the erv is several feet away.

Thanks, Gary
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• margsuarez
    margsuarez Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Can you download the installation instructions from the manufacturer's website? My Fantech HRV provides DEHUM terminals which, when jumped, turn on the unit, and INTERLOCK terminals which can be used to kick on the air handler fan. Actually these terminals were not well documented and a call to Tech Support was very helpful in setting it up.

I use motion sensor fan switches in my bathrooms to turn on the lights and run the HRV; it continues to run for 10 minutes after lights go out. Fantech also makes a proprietary control (two-wire serial interface) for use with the unit, and you can set it to cycle on/off for various speeds/intervals.

You should be able to wire up a constant on-off cycle using one of these (and possibly a relay):

http://www.supplyhouse.com/ICM-Controls-ICM305-ICM305-Duty-Cycle-Timer-Time-Delay-in-Minutes

but you would need to know what your ERV is expecting.

marg
    Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110 with Trimax Controls (3x oversized)
    950 sqft of WarmBoard on 3 floors, 5 loops acting as one zone
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Delay on make, delay on break, or some other kind of logic? This has a good overview of the standard configs.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    Thanks all, I tried the old fashioned method of calling the local vendor, got transferred to the smart guy at the next branch. He ordered me a soler palau FT247.

I appreciate the replies.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com